Thread: Is there a way to root a android phone temporarily

Is there a way to root a android phone temporarily

Does anyone app can do this. It can root the phone temporarily so that I can simply restore the old settings back if not needed. I am having Moto X and I want to root to test out a few custom roms. Many says that once this thing is rooted the device settings are permanent and you cannot restore the old status back. I do not want to loose the warranty so early. I want to test a few roms and find out what is good in them. My friend has Galaxy S4. He rooted it and installed a custom rom where he is getting a lot more new features. But in my case the output is not so good as expected. I found the rooting process a bit complicated.

Re: Is there a way to root a android phone temporarily

There is nothing like that. Once rooted then things is permanent. You cannot un-root it back again. You have to backup the stock rom for that and I do not think that is possible without rooting. If there is any way then you can try out. You can try copying the stock rom that has the official settings through some way and then you can restore that and the phone original status is restored. That is the only way through which you can fix the problem. Or else once rooted then gone. Your phone warranty is gone and yo wont get any official future updates also. So you have to simply check the same.

Re: Is there a way to root a android phone temporarily

You can do that only on few phones. But you cannot do that on Moto X because I had yet not seen anything like unrooting back. I had seen the process works well for Samsung phones. This phone are having a flash tool that will help you to backup the rom. SPFlash is the best one according to me. This tool will allow you to backup the rom. If you are not able to do that then you will have to find the stock rom on the web and use that for the rooting purpose. If you can find it and the process to restore then things will work well. The only way to un-root is to restore the stock rom back again.