Thread: 0% battery left after restarting Macbook Pro

0% battery left after restarting Macbook Pro

My Mac pc having some serious battery issue. And this is getting common day by day. First I had charged the system and was using it for few hours. There was around 40% battery left in the same. After restart I found that the battery left is around 0%. How it is possible. There was a good amount of battery left before turning of the system. I am looking for some help through which I can simply fix this issue. But I am not able to get any help. I contacted apple care and they said me to replace the battery. My macbook warranty is over and the charges for replacing that is quiet high. What should I do.

Re: 0% battery left after restarting Macbook Pro

If this thing is happening frequently then surely your system is having some kind of battery problem. You have to take the same to apple care to get it fixed. I do not think there is any way to resolve the problem. You have to get the battery replaced. Just try to use the macbook like this for sometime and see whether the issue is regular or not. Sometime it happens that the battery might show you the wrong percentage. You can try some third party software that would help you in fixing the issue. There are ample of tools on the web that can help you to get more detail about the macbook battery.

Re: 0% battery left after restarting Macbook Pro

This kind of battery issue is common in old macbook. You have to take care about the same. Do not overcharge your macbook. Use the charging only when needed. This will help you to get a more longer battery life. You can try turning off the power saver mode if it is on. Battery calibration can be done by allowing the battery to get completely discharged. The macbook will get turned off automatically after sometime. And then you can connect the charging to the same and start charging it. I am quiet sure this will help you in fixing the issue.