Thread: Is there a way to download android apps offline

Is there a way to download android apps offline

Is there way through which we can download android apps offline. I am unable to find any option for the same. I have a limited internet connection. Ample of time I had seen various apps in android downloads so many updates and they slow down the device. And my internet limit is also consumed. I want some way through which I can enable offline download. That means the app can sync with my phone when I am in wifi range. And later on I can install it anytime I want. I had tried looking for settings in Google Play but cannot find any option.

Re: Is there a way to download android apps offline

No there is no app like that. What you can do is turn off your internet when you are not using it. And when you have to some work enable mobile data. I am quiet sure that is enough for stopping apps using your internet limit. You can disable auto updates. And when you are in wifi range you can download things manually and install the same on your phone. This will be a lot more simpler solution. Because you cannot set app to install in offline mode. Google Play has no feature like this.

You can download the apk files and keep them in the memory card or in the internal storage. But you cannot download them offline on Google Play. Google does not allow that option. Even I am looking for the same. There must be some kind of link with Google Drive here. When you buy or download a apk file it must be stored in your Google Drive account. From where we can pull them on pc and there we can maintain a offline copy. But this thing is misting. It is very complicated to get large size game back after formatting.

I use a pc suite type software to backup all my apk files. I use Moto Genie here. It is a good software that can help you to sync your apk files in the pc and you can install them whenever you want. It is very simple to use and it is also fast. You have to enable usb debugging in your device and connect mobo genie to your pc. Then you can simply backup your games, save game files, and apk in it. You can use that to restore in any other mobile if you want. I backup large size games through this and restore in different phone.

It does not work for all models. I have a Lenovo phone where I am facing problem. It fails to give me the proper output. Most of the time it is not able to identify the mobile phone itself. Now there is one more way to backup those app and use them for offline usage. This option is not directly available in Google Play. Here you can use a app backup application directly in the phone. It gives you option where you want to store your file. Try to find one that has a lan based support. So that you can store your file on any network folder.

I do this manually. I use a apk backup software. Through this it create a folder and copy all the apk files in it. Then I use ES File Explorer to move them at the place where I want. It is a simple task. Each time when I download new games I use that to store and move the files. This thing is extremely simple to use. There are many files like that on Google Play. Just download anyone good Apk backup files and them move them in the folder. You can then move them on different places and use them for installation later on.