Thread: How to turn on hyper threading on Macbook Pro

How to turn on hyper threading on Macbook Pro

How to enable hyper threading on Mackbook Pro. I have one system that comes with Intel Core i5 processor. After checking on web about this system I found that by default hyper threading is turned off in this. I had tried checking the settings but cannot find any option to turn that on. It might be good for getting a better performance after tuning this on. I had tried locating option for the same a number of time but cannot find anything. Is there a third party software that works in the same way.

Re: How to turn on hyper threading on Macbook Pro

It is not turned off. By default this thing is active and you dont have to do anything to make it work. Hyper threading works on the processor part and this things are activated from the factory side. It is recommended that you do not use any third party software that can mess up with the cpu performance. Core i5 based mac pc are actually amazing and they are good for day to day usage. You can simply install various application and games on the same. For performance issues you can tuneup your system by removing unwanted programs.

Re: How to turn on hyper threading on Macbook Pro

This is not a big concern on mac system. When you have a Intel based processor on your system then this things are already active in the background. For max performance you must optimize your system to work well. Do not just overload the system with apps that will hook in the startup. This slow down the mac system. Compare to there pc, mac's are amazing. They have a high end hardware support with good output. I think mac pc are best when it comes to gaming. But officially they have less game and they do not support windows gaming.