Thread: Macbook Pro CD/DVD drive broken

Macbook Pro CD/DVD drive broken

How to fix CD/DVD drive of Macbook Pro. It is broken. I inserted a cd in that and it made a loud noise but there was nothing on the screen. I pressed the eject button, it is not coming out. I want some help to fix that. I have some urgent work to burn a few disc and this one is not working. I had hardly used my DVD drive. It must be working. My brother use the system sometime to watch movies and at that time the optical drives work well. But now there is a problem with the same. How to fix it.

Re: Macbook Pro CD/DVD drive broken

You cannot fix that on your own. You have to take the same to apple care center to fix it. You will keep on facing the same issue if you try to insert disc on that. Just turn off the system and turn it on back again.Then try to remove the disc. It is damage and it will not work well. For the time being you can try using a external DVD drive. You can find that online. Compare to that fixing the macbook pro optical drive will be costlier. External DVD drive works in the same manner. Just get one.

You can try using a DVD lens cleaner and I if there is no major issue then it will start working. We have very less troubleshooting options for a optical drive to fix. You can either update the firmware or check through settings. That's it. If it is gone then you have to get it replaced. It is correct that if you go to apple care then things will be lot more costlier. But if you go with the external usb optical drive, then it is enough I think. You can use it effectively and burn disk on the same.

My optical drive has stopped working long back. I first thought it is a software issue. I spoiled around 4 dvd because of that. At last I bought one external usb dvd drive. I bought one from LG. It is a usb 2.0 drive and works in the same manner. For laptops we have really less choice while in pc we can go with the bigger one. That would be lore more cheaper. You can buy LG G950NB40. It is sleek and nice external drive that is enough for burning dvd files. If you go for usb 3.0 then you get more faster burning speed.