Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-07-2014

Sony Vaio VPCEC35FB function keys not working after formatting

There is a bit issue with Sony Vaio laptop. The model that I am trying to fix is Sony Vaio VPCEC35FB. I had formatted this pc and install Windows 7 Home 32bit on the same. I was able to get the graphic and video driver here but the function keys are not working. Also there are too many pending hardware in device manager. I am looking for some help here to fix the issue. I had tried running windows update which did not worked well. I am looking for some simple driver updates for the same. The official site does not offer that.
Old 28-07-2014

Re: Sony Vaio VPCEC35FB function keys not working after formatting

There is no other way you can look. The official site is the only place which can provide you right drivers. Or else it will fail to work. You have to check your system specification also and see what operating system it came with. I had seen most of the time we are using the wrong version and most of the drivers fails to work. You can also contact the Sony support center which will provide you a bit of more information about the same. Many of these laptop comes with the driver disc which has all required update in them.
Old 29-07-2014

I am using unetbootin. it is a bit complicated to use this program, it really works. this program is design call in Linux based pc. it can be a bit complicated to make windows bootable usb from that. but it really work if you try to do that effectively. the best part of using this software is it is very easy to use. and it is not like other software which are infected with malware. you can find enter guide on these on Google. You can use this tool to create a reliable bootable pen drive.
Old 30-07-2014

The problem can be fixed by finding the right keyboard driver. Sometime it is complicated to find. the first thing you have to do is go on the official website of Sony and find the laptop model with the help of service tag or through the serial number. you can find the right drivers on the official website only. There are no third party tools available which can turn on the keyboard.
Old 31-07-2014

The problem can be fixed by finding the right keyboard driver. Sometime it is complicated to find. The first thing you have to do is go on the official website of Sony and find the laptop model with the help of service tag or through the serial number. You can find the right drivers on the official website only. there are no third party tools available which can turn on the keyboard. This is a very common problem.
Old 05-08-2014

I was also facing the same kind of problem some months ago. I had formatted my computer. I was using a lenovo laptop. when i had purchased it 6 months ago, i did not got any drivers cd with that. after formatting it was very complicated to locate the right driver. Later on I found Sony shared libraries. this 1 has a composite set of driver for keyboard and mouse. Just try to install this and test the function keys. There are some third party driver updating software which can help you right drivers for your keyboard. You can try using driver booster. the only issue using this software is it comes with unlimited usage under a free license. that means that means you can only download 2 drivers per day. and if you are ok with that then you can download and test it.
Old 07-08-2014

I will recommend you 1 thing if any house you are able to find the right driver try to keep a backup of the same. Whatever software you use whatever you must always keep the back up with you. whatever you must always keep the back up with you I am using driver booster from long time. India limited edition also it is good enough to locate a lot of missing driver. second place where you can get help windows update. it might take time for windows to locate the driver but it will provide you that in regular updates.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,