Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2014

Is it possible to use Viber without Sim

I have two phone. One is a regular Nokia device with dual sim. I had just bought Motorola E. The phone remains at my office where I am having a good wifi connection. I want to know that can I use viber in that without putting my sim. I do not want to remove the sim card as Moto E does not belong to me. It is for the office usage and it will be with me for few months only. So I can use it for my facebook, whatsapp and for viber calling. It is possible to make calls through viber on my contacts. I just do not want to add the sim.
Old 12-06-2014

Re: Is it possible to use Viber without Sim

Yes you can do that. You have to install viber first in the Moto E device. Once done start the app and then it will ask you your mobile number. Add that and click on activation. On your Nokia phone you will get the activation code in sms. Type that and done. The app will start working. You can transfer your contacts in the new phone through Gmail and make calls on the same. You don't really need a sim card for viber. You can use the same on your tablet also.
Old 13-06-2014

Re: Is it possible to use Viber without Sim

I am using that on my Tab 2. I activated that through my phone number. I am using the non sim version. But I am able to make calls through viber and Skype on wifi. The activation process does not really need your sim. Once added you can check all your messages on your new devices and you can use it anytime you want. Just keep the device connected to you wifi or to your 3G/2G network. That will do the job.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,