Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-05-2014

Having issue with brightness control on Ubuntu on ThinkPad X140e

I am having a bit issue with managing the brightness control of Lenovo ThinkPad X140e. It is not to working fine. I had tried to use the function keys but they are not helping. I hope there will be some way through which I can simply manage the brightness. If there is any app available then that can also help. But I need something which really works. The current brightness is too low and it is very hard to read the text on it.
Old 27-05-2014

Re: Having issue with brightness control on Ubuntu on ThinkPad X140e

This is a common bug with few laptops. You are unable to use brightness control. There is a fix for that, through which you can use the same function back again. For that first you have to find what video card is installed in your system. Then launch terminal and in that type ls /sys/class/backlight/. The next step is to find the graphic driver. You can find details about that in System Settings > Details and then click on graphics. Then type sudo touch /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf. You can modify this file to enable back-light in it.
Old 28-05-2014

Re: Having issue with brightness control on Ubuntu on ThinkPad X140e

There is a third party app available that can help you to control the brightness thing. You can download and install Brightness Controller. It is a gui based application that can help you to increase and decrease the brightness by dragging the slider on the same. It is a gui based application which is much more simple. Just install the same and then test back. If this does not work then try to update your keyboard drivers.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,