Thread: Want help to transfer notes from iPhone 5S to Windows 7 PC

Want help to transfer notes from iPhone 5S to Windows 7 PC

There are few notes in my iPhone 5s. I am using the default note app in it. I want some help to move them to windows pc. I cannot find any option in that. Typing all of them is time consuming. I had tried to do that through my email but it is not working. Is there a way through which I can get them in outlook. It will be more easier to manager compare to text files. Because in that I can sync that with my live id.

Re: Want help to transfer notes from iPhone 5S to Windows 7 PC

You can only get those notes out of your phone by syncing it with iCloud. All your notes and file will be uploaded on iCloud and then you can open the same in Windows pc and download them. I am not sure that they can be imported in outlook or not but still you can try out. So just go in your iPhone and tap on Settings. Go in Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then tap on iCloud. Sync the notes.

I did that. I had synced the note with icloud and copied them in my pc. It is actually good for backup. Later on your can run the import wizard. I had did this on Thunderbird and it work. I had imported the notes in the mail client where I am able to see them and attach it in the email. It is quiet effective. There must be some kind of import wizard which can help use to get the note easily in different mail clients.

There is a third party tool that can do that and you don't have to mess with the email client settings. The one which I know is CopyTrans. This tool is just amazing. You can transfer all your contacts and notes to another mail client through this. Just download and test it. It is very easy to use. I was having more than 80 notes and I was not able to get them on my pc. So found this by searching on Google. It works well.

It is always good to use a app that can give you cross platform sync. Like Evernote. I am using this app from 1 years and I am able to get all my notes on any place I want. It has a app for android, windows and iOS. It has a desktop based app for windows also. It is very effective and you can just update your note from anywhere. Now here once you backup your note to windows pc and edit them you have to re-import them in your iphone.

Thanks for helping. Above suggestion is quiet correct. I have around 120 notes in the phone and it is right that if I modify them I will not get updated copies on all the devices. I had tried finding options through which I can migrate my iPhone notes to Evernote, but it is not possible. So I will download them on windows and copy them one by one in Evernote desktop app. This will take time but it will help me to get synced notes everywhere.