Thread: How to check dead pixels on Samsung Galaxy S5 screen

How to check dead pixels on Samsung Galaxy S5 screen

Even mobile screen has dead pixel. There is a tiny black dot on the screen. I tried cleaning that but it is not going. This appeared after I applied a new screen guard. I just want to confirm whether this is a dead pixel or not. The dot remains fixed at the same place. So it can be a dust particle also. I do not want to remove the screen guard also. It will be wasted if I removed which is applied just a few days ago.

Re: How to check dead pixels on Samsung Galaxy S5 screen

In almost all high end Samsung phone there are few troubleshooting options. You can type *#0*# in the dialer to access that. It has red, green, blue buttons on the top side. When you tap on them you see the entire screen turned that single color. This will help you to locate dead pixels. But you said that the dot might be some kind of dust. To confirm that you have to anyhow remove the screen guard.

Dead pixel test is a different thing. Any pixel part when stops working you get a black spot and it is a bit bigger. There are few applications on Google Play which you can install and checkout. One among them is Dead Pixel Detect and Fix. This app will give you a full test about dead pixels. You can use it and if this works then you have to ignore that. It can be some kind of dust particles. After a few weeks of usage you can replace the screen guard.

You easily notice that. There will be black point. You can try cleaning the same by removing the screen guard. It can be a dust but if it is not then the part is damage. At this point it is good to carry the phone to your nearest service center so that you can get it fixed. There are no software based solution for that. It is a screen issue and it will keep on increasing if you use it. If your phone is not under warranty then you have to pay a good amount.