Thread: Advice for buy new battery for Samsung Galaxy S5

Advice for buy new battery for Samsung Galaxy S5

Samsung Galaxy S5 is a high end device. And to use it fully you need a powerful battery. It comes with a 2800mAH battery. I am planing to buy one more. I had seen a few replacement battery on Amazon and eBay. They give more power than the existing one. I think I am able to get around 30% of more battery file. Just want some advice that is it safe to use those batteries. It is not by Samsung but it is exactly the same.

Re: Advice for buy new battery for Samsung Galaxy S5

To stay on the safer side it is always good to skip non-branded products. You must use only Samsung batteries. That is good for your phone hardware. If you use a high power battery there are chances it can damage your phone components. So better get one more 2800mAH battery form Samsung. Charge it and use it. You will get more than enough power from both. Keeping a spare battery is always good when you are traveling.

There is a more better solution than carrying a separate battery. Here you have to remove the battery if one of them is over. The best thing you can do is buy a portable power bank. The smallest one gives you a nice 2 to 3 hours of charging. And if you get bigger one then you get more power. I have one which gives me a 2hurs of charging. Whenever the phone is out of battery. I attach that and I get few extended hours.

I am also doubtful about a new battery. If you want buy from Samsung. It is always to use the official one. If you use a some third party battery there are changes that you can face some hardware issue in the device. Official batteries are optimized to work with the phone and thy give you a better output. But third party batteries are not. So avoid using them. Go only with those which are certified by Samsung.

I think most of the third party replacement batteries with brand name actually appears to run cooler than OEM batt. So far with the new slim extended battery off mpj it will get me about 2 hours more on my GS5. Some of them even have NFC, but I don't use NFC, so I can't comment on that feature personally.