Thread: Android System consume high battery in Samsung Galaxy S5

Android System consume high battery in Samsung Galaxy S5

There is a big battery issue in Samsung Galaxy S5. I am not sure whether it is in my phone only. But I can see the battery drain really fast. I have to charge the pone two times in a day. I had installed a batter meter app that tells me Android system is eating the highest battery. What is this. I checked in the phone there is no android system app installed in it. Can I remove it or what is the other way to preserve battery.

Re: Android System consume high battery in Samsung Galaxy S5

Android System is the OS. You cannot remove it. If you remove the phone will not work. It is not the device problem it is a battery bug. You can try using a battery optimizer app. There are many of them available on Google Play. This app has a task killer also. When you tap on it, it kill all the background application and gives you a effective solution. But if this does not work then take the phone to service center.

You have to configure the power settings for the same. There are few good power management options in it that will help you to preserve more battery. There is a Ultra Power Saving mode available in the same. This mode will help you to save maximum power. Just go in settings and run this on and try back. This will surely improve and if this does not work then there are chances that the battery in your device is faulty.

How much ram does your phone have. If it is 512mb only then it means you have also various other app installed. You have to remove them. Android system is the core which you cannot switch off. If you try to do the phone will not boot. Here you can try rooting your phone. This will give you choice to remove bloatware form your system. You can remove apps which are not needed and boost your phone battery also.

Quote Originally Posted by TamaraAce View Post
    How much ram does your phone have. If it is 512mb only then it means you have also various other app installed. You have to remove them. Android system is the core which you cannot switch off. If you try to do the phone will not boot. Here you can try rooting your phone. This will give you choice to remove bloatware form your system. You can remove apps which are not needed and boost your phone battery also.
    I'm not 100% sure but I think if you root your S5 (which is a brand new phone) your warranty will be voided. You better contact Samsung before doing this