Thread: Directory corrupt error on Acer Aspire E1

Directory corrupt error on Acer Aspire E1

How to fix directory corrupt error. I am getting this error on Acer Aspire E1. This laptop was unused for 2 months. After that it started giving out the error. It is getting constantly on screen and there are some important data which I forget to backup. I hope there will be some option available through which we can simply get rid of this problem. Can anyone help here. I hope this is a recoverable solution.

Re: Directory corrupt error on Acer Aspire E1

Can be a hard drive problem. I think running chkdsk will surely help you in fixing the issue. It will give you more detail information on the error. For that you just have to run cmd in safe mode and then type chkdsk and hit enter. It will scan your drive. If check disk give you error at the end then you have to take the laptop to service center. I am really not sure that the data is recoverable or not.

Data might be not recoverable in windows environment. But you can try some other bootable media to recover the files. For that you can use ubuntu live cd. Just boot your system with that and then go in the internal folders. Copy the data and try to open them on some other working pc. I am sure that will be enough to fix the problem. If that also fails to read the file then you cannot recover that. The data is damage.

This error usually appear when the file that you are trying to retrieve is damage or deleted. I got this error when the I had accidentally deleted the folder. I got the a error code 0x80070570 which simply means that the file or folder is damage. So you can try some recovery software. That might help or else it is gone. This error can be also due to bad sectors in the hard drive. Just defrag your drive and check back. That might help.