Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-04-2014

Which tablet will be good for mobile virtualization

I am looking for a tablet that support virtualization. Recently there are some quad core tablets released in the market. As per the hardware specs I am sure they can run other mobile os also. Virutalization on mobile can help to use different mobile OS platform in one device. But is there any device available which is capable of running this. And what about apps. Are they also available. I hope there will be some option.
Old 15-04-2014

Re: Which tablet will be good for mobile virtualization

There is a app available called as VMware Switch. I think this will help you to run virtualization on the portable platform. But you have to check the hardware first. Low end tablets cannot help you much. They can cause issue. I had also seen some people damaging their product by overclocking. Mobile platform is too weak for virutalization and for overclocking. Just test this app and see what features it offer you.
Old 16-04-2014

You are forgetting one thing.Virtualization only works if the processor supports it and till yet I had not see in any tablet a cpu that comes with that support. So this thing is not at all possible. Running virtualization requires a good power. Even high end cpu are not optimum for that and you are expecting to run the same on your tablet. I think it will take long time to get virtualization finally on a portable platform.
Old 17-04-2014

Vmware Switch is a different app. It is not for virutalization. Till yet not virtualization support is available on mobile platform. That is because of low hardware. It is not possible at all. We need a more powerful processor and at the time of running virtualization it also heat a lot. Tablets are not having any provision for cooling. This can destroy the processor completely.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,