Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2014

Location does not match error on Zune

I am unable to use my Live ID on Zune. When I am trying to sign in I am getting a location mismatch error. I think the region is correct here. I had tried to do this numerous time but it failed to work. Does anyone knows about this. How to fix it. I had tried different solution for this but nothing looks to be working. I am quiet annoyed with and tried too many times but it failed to work. Can anyone help me to fix the issue.
Old 10-04-2014

Re: Location does not match error on Zune

I got this issue when I bought a Zune from different country. I was on vacation there. After that when I tried to login I am getting the location error. This is really annoying. On the official forums I found that Microsoft does not allow you to change your billing country. Due to which you get that problem. This is something related to the license in Zune. You have to use the live id of place from where you had purchased it. Or else it wont work.
Old 12-04-2014

This is quiet annoying. I was not aware about this. My cousin is complaining about live id issue. I had gifted Zune to her. But she is also facing the same problem. I was not aware about this region restriction. Otherwise I would have never bought this. Is there any solution available through which we can force Zune to use the live id. Any app or tool that we can add on the same through our windows system. I hope there will be some solution.
Old 14-04-2014

No it is not going to work. You cannot do anything. You can contact Microsoft for that. You can do one thing. Give your live id to your cousin. Just for signing in zune. It will work. There are many devices that comes with region based restrictions. And when you move them to another one you do not get all the benefits. There are many users who came through this problem. The seller must tell the people at the time of buying this.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,