Thread: Most common video format that any android tablet can read

Most common video format that any android tablet can read

Which is the most common audio format readable by all type of android phones. I want to know about audio and videos both. I had seen that avi is commonly readable. I am having some tutorial videos which are in mkv. I want to convert them into standard format so that everyone can access them. Does mp4 will be good here. I also want to compress the video quality to reduce its size.

Re: Most common video format that any android tablet can read

Here video format depends on the codec. Almost all android phone comes with H.263, H.264 AVC & MPEG-4 SP codec. This codec helps you to read video format like 3gp and mp4. While some phone also supports mkv. Compare to mp4, 3gp is the most common one. It is also light and works in default player. But when you convert any video to 3gp the video quality is hampered.

I think you can go with mp4. It is also a common format. You just need a good video convertor that can properly compress the video files giving you the kind of output you are looking for. I am using Imtoo here. This is a nice and fully featured video convertor tool through which you can get the kind of output you are looking for.

Only video format is not the thing you must check. You must also see the maximum resolution your phone will be able to play. If you go with a high resolution mp4 file then it is possible that it will not work in all devices. 176 x 144 px is the lowest resolution that works fine while if you need a bit more quality then you can check out 480 x 360 px.

Yes the resolution is also very important as someone else pointed out.

As for converters, you might have to play around with the settings to get an acceptable output as MP4 can be a bit finicky to get down to a good size.

As for 3GP, at this point, I feel that it's a bit obsolete as the video quality is too low to be acceptable for most users now as almost everyone has a smartphone or tablet.