Thread: Portable external hard drive with Ethernet port

Portable external hard drive with Ethernet port

I require a high space external hard drive with Ethernet port. I am getting lots of with usb and wifi. But I need something with high speed lan port. This drive will be used a centralized storage space for my office documentations. It is a bit cheaper compare to Windows Server. Because I just have to apply a lan storage and manage the permissions. This is also quiet ideal for daily backup. I have a cloud storage of unlimited space. I keep my files on it, but it takes time to download. Through lan storage it will be easier for people to access it fast.

Re: Portable external hard drive with Ethernet port

If you go with regular hard drive then it will cost you around Rs.8600. This is the cheapest one. The model is WD My Book Live 1 TB. You have 1TB of storage space here and it has a regular lan port. You just have to connect and turn it on.

There are two type of network hard drive. One which has a regular lan port, the above mentioned one and the second one comes with gigabit port. It is a high speed drive that gives you more data speed and smooth transfer. It works really well and has no performance issue. If there are high number of people who are going to use the drive then it is better to go with Gigabit ports. They are faster. This type of drives are bit costly. The cheapest one among all is Dlink ShareCentre DNS-325 3.5 inch 1 TB Network Hard Disk. This comes for Rs.11600. And if you need a bit more portable design then you can go with Lacie 9000323. This another 1TBd rive with Gigabit port and stylish look. It comes for Rs.15000.

My friend has Iomega Home Media Cloud Edition hard drive. This drive offer 1TB storage space. It has all home videos which other can access through lan and wifi. It works nicely. There are around 4 system which access this drive continuously.