Thread: Device Control for Windows 8.1 missing on Acer Iconia W500

Device Control for Windows 8.1 missing on Acer Iconia W500

I had updated to Windows 8.1 on my Acer Iconia W500. It was having Windows 8 before. After update the auto rotate stopped working. The screen remain constantly fixed. Also I cannot see Device Control in the new version of Windows. Is there anyone else facing the same issue. I want some help here to get the Device Control feature back in my system. How can I do this. I cannot revert the old upgrade back. I had tried checking out everything inside the settings but still not able to find anything. Can anyone help what can I do to fix this. Will system restore work.

Re: Device Control for Windows 8.1 missing on Acer Iconia W500

The new upgrade is buggy which is causing the issue. I had also done the same thing and in my system I can see Device Control but it is crashing. The same issue is with Bluetooth. When I try connect my phone it is not working.

It look some kind of driver problem. You have to run a fresh driver update and see what output you are getting. There are two ways to add thing in the same. The first you can go on the official site of Acer and download fresh drivers and run the same. This might resolve the issue. The second thing you can do is go ahead with windows update. This resolve a number of problem. In my dads tablet there was a issue of camera. But that was resolved when he installed fresh updates. So you can also try to do the same. I do not think this new update is buggy. It is not getting the right drivers to initiate a process. If you are unable to find drivers then you can go ahead with third party driver updater program. There are many of them available. Like Driver MAX. Scan your tablet with this tool and go for the fresh update.

Using a third party driver updater is a good idea. I had gone with the same and this really solved my issue. I was not having any problem with device control, but my Bluetooth failed to work. I installed a driver updated and ran the same. It worked.