Thread: Need help to recover Acer Iconia Tab W510 through Recovery DVD

Need help to recover Acer Iconia Tab W510 through Recovery DVD

How to recover Acer Iconia Tab W510. My tablet is bricked. I was installing new applications and games in it. It was going fine with few of them but as it cross 50 apps it starting freezing and stuck at one place. Now it is not moving at all. I want some help here to fix this thing. There are some recovery process but I am not sure how to use the same. Can anyone help me to recover the tablet. I tried many things but nothing looks to be working. I have a recovery dvd with me. Can I use this on my tablet through pc or through some other connection.

Re: Need help to recover Acer Iconia Tab W510 through Recovery DVD

There is a hard reset option available through which there are chances that your tablet might start working. A reset button. You have to insert a tiny pin in the reset hole and press it for sometime. If this does not work the hold the power down + volume after shutdown.

You can use the recovery dvd to recover Acer Iconia Tab W510. The process is simple but for that you will need a external dvd with a usb hub that has micro usb port. you will have to boot in the bios first to turn of safe boot. For that turn of the tablet and then hold volume down + power. The system will ask you supervisor password. Add that and modify safe boot from Boot. You have to configure F12 also from here. Just disable Save boot first. Now connect the usb port with external dvd rom and insert the disc. Connect the hub with tablet and restart the tablet. Hit F12 to boot from the dvd and run the recovery process. This might take some time also. So just wait back. I had seen this process is working for those who had kept a acer recovery dvd ready with them. Once the system is restored you can enable safe boot again.

I tired this thing. But I am not getting anything after F12. I am doing this on a different Acer tablet. Can I install windows back through this process. I don't have the actual recovery dvd but a windows disc.

Nope that is not possible. A desktop OS is different compared to tablet OS. There is a huge difference between both. You will have to find the actual firmware which is working on your tablet and then you can use that to flash the tablet. Then only it is going to work or else there is no option available. You can also go ahead with the same dvd recovery process through Acer Iconia W510 Dock. This dock has a the same micro usb port support. You will have to use a mini usb convertor for the process. Always keep a recovery dvd ready with you. Because that makes our job more simple when it comes to restoration. It has the actual OS for the tablet which works well. I wont recommend to use the same with any third party usb dock. This will he problematic.

There must be some kind of internal recovery. Like holding a set of keys to restore the existing windows. I am not able to find any of those things. This thing must be provided in Windows tablet.