Thread: Wifi keeps on dropping on HTC One X Smartphone

Wifi keeps on dropping on HTC One X Smartphone

I am having a signal dropping issue on my HTC One X smartphone. It is not working well. I have a nice wifi connection at my home which I am using on my tablet also. It works well on the same. But on HTC One X the wifi is dropping and not giving out any proper output. I need some help here to fix the problem. I had tried to check inside settings but can't find any thing which is blocking the issue.

Re: Wifi keeps on dropping on HTC One X Smartphone

Signal dropping is common if there is a hardware failure. So here you can simply run a full factory restore and then test back. This might resolve the issue. Do not forget to backup your data before doing the same. Or else you will face the issue lie this before.

This issue is common when your phone is quiet far from the router. Try to bring the phone near to the router and then check back. If still it is dropping then you have to test the router settings. I don't think that the mobile phone is having any problem. You can go inside the router and checkout the wifi connectivity. There is a log available that can give you more detail about the connectivity. Just to verify whether the wifi is working fine or not you have to locate a different device which has a wifi support. Test the net on that. If still the signal is dropping then you will have to get a new router. I got this issue on my old router who's antenna was broken. Sometime it works fine but sometime the signal drops. I replaced the router and the issue was resolved. There was no problem at all.

There is a wifi analyzer application available on Google Play. Install this app in your phone and run the same. This app will analyze the wifi signal and will let you know the cause behind problem.