Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lenovo IdeaCentre K330 Motherboard replaced but need help.

Lenovo IdeaCentre K330 Motherboard replaced but need help.

I was having some problem related with the Lenovo IdeaCentre K330 Motherboard and for that I contacted with the service center for the replacement. And they helped me and replaced my motherboard. But ia m here to get some idea about the serial on the motherboard. Because when I checked the motherboard at that time I get that tech did not put in the Model # and serial on the motherboard. Can here anyone suggest me to do this thing?? Or is there is any manuals that might tell me if the specs have been upgraded?? Please reply me about this.

Re: Lenovo IdeaCentre K330 Motherboard replaced but need help.

Hey the same thing also has happed in my cause also. And for getting resolve this I have replaced the motherboard but still I can see that my system beeps and complains after every reboot and tries to boot off the network. And when I checked at the entries there I found that all entries are invalid and this also causes me to not look inside the BIOS settings which tell it to ignore the boot from network option. Any suggestion for me also??

Yes, I am sure that Lenovo's replacement motherboard do not have valid information for the PRODUCT and SERIAL NUMBER in the BIOS settings. I am telling this thing because I have sent hat this is the common problem with all the users which are having replaced there motherboard. And also this thinking make the Lenovo IdeaCentre to not work properly. And I have also seen that so many of the users have complained that when they try to start the system at the same time they found BIOS complains about the invalid information and beeps unhappily. And then for getting resolve this problem , users have to boot from the network, which fails. And for getting resolve about this, users have to boot from the hard drive and which continues normally. For you also I will suggest to do the same. or else try to report this to your service center, hope that they help in this cause.

You all are getting this problem because of PRODUCT and SERIAL NUMBER caused Microsoft to reject my previously working installation until I called them. To resolve this there you will need the proper PRODUCT and SERIAL NUMBER then only your system will work properly. For that try to contact with the service center only and hope that they will help you to get the proper PRODUCT and SERIAL NUMBER.

For your requiremen I will suggest you to go through your current setup with this:
    Manual for Lenovo IdeaCentre K330

Hope that this will help you to find the PRODUCT and SERIAL NUMBER of your motherboard.

Hey thanks dude for the manuals. I tried with checking on the manual and there I found the proper PRODUCT and SERIAL NUMBER for my motherboard. And also I can say over here that now I am not getting the problem related with booting the system.

But still I am not getting here that how the manual will have the model number of the motherboard that have been replaced?? Yes, I agree with that manual will have the PRODUCT and SERIAL NUMBER for the motherboard, but this one for the company. And if you have recently replace the motherboard then manual will not have the PRODUCT and SERIAL NUMBER for that motherboard. For that you will need to contact through which you have replaced the motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Weslee View Post
    Hey thanks dude for the manuals. I tried with checking on the manual and there I found the proper PRODUCT and SERIAL NUMBER for my motherboard. And also I can say over here that now I am not getting the problem related with booting the system.
    What do you mean? Where did you find a serial number in the manual, and how did you resolve the issue? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by nambinhvu View Post
    What do you mean? Where did you find a serial number in the manual, and how did you resolve the issue? o.O
    Even I am not sure how did he got the serial number from the manual. But anyhow, you can check the the right panel of your laptop that includes the stickers for the Windows product key and serial number.

Quote Originally Posted by simond View Post
    Even I am not sure how did he got the serial number from the manual. But anyhow, you can check the the right panel of your laptop that includes the stickers for the Windows product key and serial number.
    Getting the serial number is no problem, but loading it into the bios is. The bios update wiped it out, and there's no way to put it back in. So I keep getting this annoying beep and startup device is always network, no matter what I set it to in the bios. Even if I disable the network devices in the bios, it still tries to boot from network device.

Getting the serial number is no problem, but loading it into the bios is. The bios update wiped it out, and there's no way to put it back in. So I keep getting this annoying beep and startup device is always network, no matter what I set it to in the bios. Even if I disable the network devices in the bios, it still tries to boot from network device.
    It seems that many people are having similar issues like you after upgrading the BIOS. I dont know whether this is done purposely by Lenovo people or not, but why dont you try to degrade the BIOS version on your motherboard and see if that works out for you.

It seems that many people are having similar issues like you after upgrading the BIOS. I dont know whether this is done purposely by Lenovo people or not, but why dont you try to degrade the BIOS version on your motherboard and see if that works out for you.
    I would have tried downgrading the BIOS, but Lenovo decided not to provide older versions...I even contacted their customer support and they said they don't have it.

I think Lenovo did it purposely, because they claim the only fix is to replace the motherboard or have the BIOS reflashed by their technicians using special software/hardware that isn't provided to the public...

Sounds like a great way to get some $300+ motherboard repairs for their company...butt holes...lol

They told me I could try contacting local computer repair places, which they gave me numbers for, the people told me, it's not worth it if the computer works fine other than the beeping and the invalid crap.

I have my own computer repair business, I know it's not fixable unless you have the software to edit the BIOS, which they don't/can't provide.

Sorry for my language, I hope I don't get censored. Freedom of speech? lol

I don't know what happened to my reply, it disappeared.

angry Re: Lenovo IdeaCentre K330 Motherboard replaced but need help.

Oh, didn't realize I had to wait for my post to be visible. haha Anyway, I decided to leave it the way it was, my customer was OK with it and was happy I spent hours and hours trying to find a solution.

No more BIOS updating ever again...too risky; especially on my customer's computers, but now I see what kind of sneaky schemes these computer companies are trying to pull, by releasing updates that mess up your computers, instead of patching things up...shame on them!

Honestly, why even release an update like this, if it hasn't been tested for these kinds of things first? I think it was intentional. BIOS updates are very risky, and if a company is just putting them out there without it solving a major issue, they're probably betting on people messing up their computers that are already working fine in order to force out of warranty repairs.

I don't know what happened to my reply, it disappeared.
    Well, all your post first goes to moderation and when it is checked by any of the mods/admins then it is made live.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast