Thread: High DPI vs Retina Display

High DPI vs Retina Display

What is the difference between a high dpi and retina display. I had seen some tablets which offer a good image output due to high dpi, and retina display is widely used on Apple devices. Which one is better among both. Most of the high end mobile phones are compared on the basis of display and dpi is the primary thing to discuss. Can anyone give me the exact difference between both the device.

Re: High DPI vs Retina Display

Both means more detailed megapixel.They give you crisp screen quality with hd output. You can view your images and videos more clearly on the same. Retina is developed by Apple and it is only used in their device. While in other we can achieve the same quality by having a high dpi screen.

Many says this things are one and the same. Here you have a high pixel display which gives you detailed output. That means images and text on it are crisps and clear. Retina is developed by Apple, which gives you amazing quality. Now this technology is not sold to others. It is used in Apple devices only. To compete with this manufacturers have build up dpi. The higher it is the more clear screen. DPI stands for Dots per inch. A very old thing used in printers and scanners. Here there are more and more pixels induced in a small space of inch. You get less blurry images and clear output. Playing video files on this display is amazing. In future we can get some of the best displays in the market which are flexible. That means you can bend them and they will not break. This adds more flexibility.

I got a display calculator on web. Where after adding the pixel resolution I can checkout the output on retina screen and dpi separately. I found there was not a big difference. The higher dpi you have the better screen resolution will be.

It is not easy to define the difference. Here Retina is a type of clear display. That offer you clear and crisp image output and more readability. Dpi is most commonly use in almost all high end phone in the market today. The better it is the better output you will get on your screen. Here different technology is involved in both. If you are going for Apple devices then you have to checkout the display whether it is a retina display or not. But if you are going for any
    other device then you have to checkout the dpi here. If you see the sample images in both of them you will find that both are almost same. There is no big difference. Both are define and tested on the basis of pixel density. This allow you to fit a set of pixel in a small inch of a box to define how better the screen size. Resolution on the other hand also matters more. It is complicated for manufacturer to bring up so many features in a small model. But somehow how new developments are bringing positive results.

Retina is a display technology developed by Apple. Like you can see Bravia in Sony devices. Retina aim to give you clear and crisp display with amazing output and good resolution. The display aim at offering high quality screen output.

To understand the difference you will have to understand the different type of mobile display first. Then you can figure out the actual difference. The most common one you will find in many mobile model is TFT-LCD. The front screen here is a clear and has great touch support. It is amazing and fast responsive. It offer you good readability support. The second is a bit enhanced one. It is called as Amoled display. This display puts a bit less pressure on eye because they don't require backlit to work.Every pixel in the display works on its own light due to which detailing is more higher. Then comes a better version of Amoled which is called as Super Amoled, Super Amoled Plus,Super Amoled HD and Super Amoled Plus HD. The last one is Retina display. Now in this all display when you see clearly from near you can see the pixels. Tiny boxes on the screen. That thing is not possible on Retina display.It is one of the best in the market and it is only used by Apple.

I hope in future we can see retina display in all kind of device. Because that gives a outstanding output. I had used iPad and it is just amazing. It has create screen quality with smooth touch support. I found it very effective compared to other display type.