Thread: How to stop apps from getting automatically updated on Android

How to stop apps from getting automatically updated on Android

Auto update and auto sync are the two most annoying feature of android smartphone. It drains out the entire battery so fast and also consume all the internet bandwidth. I am annoyed with auto update here. I am having around 20 to 25 apps. Each time when I turn on my internet or wifi they start downloading new things. I am on a limited plan. I need some option to turn this thing off. I tried to find same apps but none of them worked.

Re: How to stop apps from getting automatically updated on Android

There is no way to stay them. Each time when you install a new application in your phone, it is configured for auto update. At the time of setup it ask you whether update or not. So you must skip that it. If you allow then auto update will keep on working.

I had done this before. Now there is no automated way to do that. You have to do it manually. It is a common problem with almost all android phone. You have to go in Settings and tap on Apps. In that you can see the list of apps working in the background. Just tap on that and you will see a section where you can tap on clear data. If you do this the app will take updates back. It can help you to reduce some space. Second things you can do is just force stop it. Or remove it. It is a default android features, where you cannot permanently stop updates. If you install free games in your phone then you will get the maximum update. Which is annoying. Because these things have ads in them. I always keep my internet off when not needed. In this way I can stop the apps from updating. I also cancel if the update starts automatically. I had skip auto update at the time of setup many times. But still the app keeps on getting the same.

The best thing you can do is use a good task killer software. You can find ample of them on Google Play. Task Killer are ideal tools for turning off the apps which are working in the background. They work fine and are smooth in usage. I am going to recommend some apps here. Task Killer apps kill all the background applications which are loaded in the memory. The first app is Android AutoClean. This is for those who need a automated way of cleaning the phone. Through this you can simply configure different things. You can add and remove startup applications from your device. You can also free-up the cpu and ram usage in this. The app has a feature through which you can move all apps to your sd card so that you can free up the space. But it lags a uninstaller and it does not has a battery saver. Another good app which I am using in my tablet is Norton Utilities Task Killer Lite. A free app to end all the background process and boost your phone output.

I am using Battery Doctor. When you add this app in your phone you get a nice optimization widget. After tapping on that it wipe out the loaded apps and make your phone better. I am using it from long time. It is a good application.