Thread: Wifi drop on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Wifi drop on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

My friend bought a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. When we were trying to connect it to our home wifi it has a problem. It is not giving out a constant connection. It is fluctuation. I am trying to download bbm messenger for that. Google Play is stucked on downloading. I need some solution for the same. The same wifi works really well on my Blackberry. There is no issue at all. But when we try to add the same thing on our tablet it does not work.

Re: Wifi drop on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Looks like some issue with the tablet. There is one thing you can try out. Check for the firmware update. You will find that directly through settings. Run the fresh software update. This will make the tablet more stable. Just check that it is not far from router.

Try to check for software update. You can do that through Settings > About phone. If there is any update it will stabilize your wifi connection. I am having the 7inch version of Galaxy Tab 2 which works really fine. There is no wifi issue on that. Try to check your router settings also. Go in Settings and Tap on Wifi. Tap on the wifi network. See that it has got a proper IP address to access internet. If not then you have to add that manually by tapping on advance. You can add the IP and DNS manually here and it will work fine. If this is OK then try to check for new driver update. To test your wifi you can download Wifi tester or wifi booster app. It will give you more info on the network. If still it is not working then it is better to carry the same to a service center for repair. Because the wifi chip has some issue due to which the signal fails.

Back your tablet data and run a full factory reset. This will restore the old settings which might fix the issue. But if that is not working then you have to carry that to a service center. It is a faulty model. I had got this issue on a android smart which was resolved after running a OS update.

There is a application available on Google Play called as Wifi Fixer. It is not a very advance tool but it is effective. This tool can give you simple solution to fix the wifi issue. The app allow you to fix thew wifi problem if it is on the software level. But if it is a hardware issue then you cannot do anything on that. You will h ave to same to the service center to get fix for the same. There is no other app available like this. It is great enough to give you simple way of fixing wifi problem. It can fix the ip issue and other connectivity problem. The last thing you can do is connect the tablet to your pc and launch Samsung kies. Try to run a software update. This might resolve the problem.