Thread: Amber Update not available for my Lumia 820 yet after Nokia confirmed the availability

Amber Update not available for my Lumia 820 yet after Nokia confirmed the availability

I found many people here asking/waiting for Amber update on their Lumia devices. As its been already couple of weeks Nokia rolled out Amber for almost all WP8 running phones but still there are many who haven't received it on their phone. Well i am also one of them. After waiting for the same since so long finally i saw the status on Nokia Website that says the Update is available but still i am not able to get it.

My phone is Lumia 820, and am using GSM Vodafone network (if that matters). I tried checking through OTA as well as using PC Suite but they both say it is updated to the latest version. Is it problem with all 820 users in India or just me? Please help.

Re: Amber Update not available for my Lumia 820 yet after Nokia confirmed the availability

Can i know from which region you are KamranA? Because although you can see on that website the availability, it still may get stuck with your carrier. So if you are still not getting through OTA or PC Suite, only thing you can do is wait for some more days, probably couple of days. You should get it shortly as soon as it is cleared by your Carrier.

Re: Amber Update not available for my Lumia 820 yet after Nokia confirmed the availability

Quote Originally Posted by KamranA View Post
    I tried checking through OTA as well as using PC Suite but they both say it is updated to the latest version.
    Which PC Suite are you using to check for Amber? As far as i know Amber is only available to OTA and not through PC Suite. Anyways, if it is really available in your region but you are not getting on your lumia, then it could be because of Invalid Microsoft Account as well. Just make sure that your Live ID is properly working. Try using the same on PC. Also on Lumia, go to Mail App and re-enter your Live ID password and restart the phone. Now check for the update. You should get the update this time.