Thread: How to find fake installer on Android

How to find fake installer on Android

Many application on Google Play are infested with malware. I am trying to avoid them. I test a number of new apps on my tablet. I am looking for some reasonable way through which I can find out and avoid fake installers from my device. I like to install new games every day but number of them looks to be loaded with spam content. Is there any app which can test that.

Re: How to find fake installer on Android

No there is nothing like that. The one thing you can do is avoid installing apps which you don't trust. Go in Google Play and sort apps through popular. There are developers who are popular like EA sports, Com2US, etc. Download games from them.

Fake installers try to have more permission through which they can install new updates in your phone. So when you are installing them just check the permission what they are asking for. A genuine app will ask you very little but a fake will ask you a more. It will ask you network connectivity, mobile data, stuff. You can then avoid the installation. Fake installer are just provided to spam the mobile device with many unwanted software and updates. It is necessary that you must keep a close watch on this kind of software and avoid them. Do not install everything you find on Google Play. Install only those which are trusted. At the bottom of every app you can find a short review kind of stuff. That gives you information on how the app is and what are the problem with it. It is a genuine review. Also checks the ratings and number of downloads. This will help you to locate genuine apps which are better. It is right that Google Play has tons of apps which I think are just useless.

Fake installers try to have more permission through which they can install new updates in your phone. So when you are installing them just check the permission what they are asking for. A genuine app will ask you very little but a fake will ask you a more. It will ask you network connectivity, mobile data, stuff. You can then avoid the installation. Fake installer are just provided to spam the mobile device with many unwanted software and updates. It is necessary that you must keep a close watch on this kind of software and avoid them. Do not install everything you find on Google Play. Install only those which are trusted. At the bottom of every app you can find a short review kind of stuff. That gives you information on how the app is and what are the problem with it. It is a genuine review. Also checks the ratings and number of downloads. This will help you to locate genuine apps which are better. It is right that Google Play has tons of apps which I think are just useless.

Avoid installing apk directly from download websites. They are completely fake and has malware in them. You can find cracks very easily. Those are built upon fake installers which can add more threat in your devices. You can avoid them.

Android has a feature to block untrusted app installation. When you install a app which is not trusted you will get a popup message on the screen. You have to enable Unknown sources from the settings menu. If you can remove the tick then your mobile remains secure. Also there is a package verifier available in many new android os. When you tap on the apk it gives you the popup menu on the screen. So in-order to keep your mobile device do not use third party downloads. Just avoid them. Because this apps does not guarantee security and cause serious issues. Today there are tons of site on web that offer you untrusted apps download. Fake installer adds more apps in your device. This are called a side-load apps. Which works in the background. Android is a open source OS due to which it can be used by any. So people use it for spreading malware or simply loading your phone with tons of new ads and frees stuff. This slow down the phone.To avoid infection update your apps and OS at a regular time period.