Thread: Lumia 620 error 'Your phone couldn't reach the Wifi network'

Lumia 620 error 'Your phone couldn't reach the Wifi network'

Hi Sir,

I am looking for some help from you all. I am using Lumia 620 since past two months and it use to work fine with my Office's wifi network. I dont know what happened, since last two days it is not able to connect to the same WiFi Network. I'm sure that there is no problem with the router or the WiFi network as my other phones are still working good with the same. Problem is only with Lumia. Everytime i try to connect, it says the following:

"Your phone couldn't reach the Wi-Fi network (SSID)"

I haven't made any changes in the phone, neither there have been any change in the network because if they would have made any change in the router, it should have effected other devices as well which are running on the same, right?

Re: Lumia 620 error 'Your phone couldn't reach the Wifi network'

Can you tell me what is your Router's make/model? This could be the routers fault as well a Lumia's as well. As we dont know the exact reason, we will have to troubleshoot both of them one by one.

On phone what you can do is just delete your SSID by going in to WiFi settings. Turn off On WiFi (or better restart the phone once), then scan and add the router again. Enter the wifi password and see if it is able to connect or not. If still the same error, lets move to Router's end.

Login to your PC, enter the router and change its brand ac N+ or something else. Also change the channel. Many times changing the channel fixes the problem. Try out both the steps and let us know which of them worked for you.

My Router is Netgear N150. By the way seems like the problem is fixed. As you suggested i changed the channel from 6 to 13 and now it is working great.

Help appreciated.

This is actually the problem with Lumia’s hardware or the Windows Phone 8 OS, not sure, because I have seen many lumia and HTC users complaining for the same who are using WP8 phones. However at the end we find the problem within router itself, but the same router settings work fine with other device and why stops working with WP devices? It is because the fault is somewhere in Windows Phone 8 itself. It requires us to change the router channel or other settings to make it work again. I think Microsoft should work more on it.