Thread: Battery issues on Lumia after updating to Amber

Battery issues on Lumia after updating to Amber

Hope i am not alone with this problem. I'm using a Lumia 720 since its release. It was working great, no problem with the battery as well. At least it use to work for 8 to 10 hours once charged 100% with average uses like browsing, songs, chatting, etc. As Nokia has releases the new Amber update for number of Lumia devices, i received the notification for my 720 yesterday. As keeping the devices updated is good, i just updated mine also to Amber.

Update process went fine without any problem, however it took over 30 minutes to complete the process. I also got some new features but here is the problem. My battery is now getting drained in less than 4 hours of time with even less usage compared to earlier. Damn, whats wrong? Since yesterday i had to plug in the charger 5 times in last 24 hours.

This is surely a crucial problem. Is it just me or somebody else noticed the problem. How can i fix it? Is there any way to roll back to earlier firmware? Please help soon.

Re: Battery issues on Lumia after updating to Amber

I dont know about 720, but my Lumia 920 is working great with Amber. No battery problem, nothing. As per troubleshooting what i can suggest you is just try performing a Factory reset. Because since the problem started after update, it is surely a problem with software and factory reset use to fix all software related problems. Do the same and see if the problem exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Maadhav View Post
    Because since the problem started after update, it is surely a problem with software and factory reset use to fix all software related problems.
    Hello Maadhave. Even i have the same problem since updated it to Amber. Compared to earlier, now the battery is draining very fast. Also i noticed some heating issues as well. To me, the Amber update looks buddy. Either they should fix it on urgent basis or somebody please let me know how can i revert back to earlier OS version.

First of all, unfortunately there is no way to revert back to earlier versions after updating with latest firmware. Secondly, the reason I guess behind battery drain and heating could be the new features. As you guys might be aware that with Amber we get double tap to wake, new Lockscreen, Glance, Peek, etc as new features. These are battery consuming features.

So if you guys don’t require it, you should keep them always turned off. This will save your battery as well as should fix the heating problem because when the processing power and battery are used continuously, devices get heated. Just try it out for couple of days.