Thread: Updating a processor of Dell Vostro Laptop

Updating a processor of Dell Vostro Laptop

What can be done for upgrading a laptop. I am having a Vostro system. It has a Core 2 Duo processor. For gaming this looks to be a bit poor. I want to buy a new cpu and add the same in it. I also want to add more ram. I think this will enhance the gaming performance more. But I am unable to find the
    associated parts in the market. Many say that it is not easy to upgrade a laptop.

Re: Updating a processor of Dell Vostro Laptop

They are right about that. The only best thing you can do here is contact Dell for the same. If Dell has reasonable parts for the same then you might get upgrade for it. It will be more costlier. It is better to use it for sometime or sell it off to get a new one.

Upgrade choices are quiet few on a laptop. There is nothing you can do here. Ram upgrade is possible. You can extend upto 8GBN depending up your board model. If it does not support 8GB ram then you have to satisfy till 4GB. I had also tried to find out some reasonable upgrade solution for my Dual Core system. But found nothing. I went chatting with Dell support team and they said that there are few things which are possible for upgrade. Like the ram, and gpu which is also limited to a model. Compare to that desktop are easier to upgrade. I old my system to my friend and ordered a new one which has a 2nd generation core i3 system, 4gb ram and 1gb gpu. This makes the system complete with a latest hardware config. I play new games on it. In your case first provide the model number. I will try to search out for upgrade options. But remember that this will be costly. I think by adding around 40% more to the upgrade cost you can get a new system.

Upgrades for a laptop are directly provided by the manufacturer. You cannot do that on your own. You have to contact the manufacturer. Go to a service center and see what benefit you are getting over there.