Thread: Need help to locate a budget netbook for studying purpose

Need help to locate a budget netbook for studying purpose

I need a budget netbook which I can use for studying purpose. I have to gift that to someone. I had seen some full size laptop which looks more cheaper compare to this netbook. I do not have a big budget here. I need a reasonable system that can work well for making projects, internet surfing, etc. There will be a bit of video editing also. Can anyone provide me more information on the same.

Re: Need help to locate a budget netbook for studying purpose

A good netbook starts from Rs.18000. It might give you a Intel atom processor. It is reasonable but not fast. That means you can work on it, but do not expect much from the performance. I think going for a big size laptop is more better.

I have a recommendation for a mid range model. It is by Asus and the cost is around Rs.19600.The model is Asus X201E-KX179D. This netbook is portable in size, but it has a nice hardware config. Leaving games aside it can work with many application and can give you a smooth performance. It comes loaded with Core 2 Duo processor, 2GB RAM and 500GB hard drive. Core 2 Duo is a good cpu for various work which also comes in desktop version. It has a Mobile HM70 Express chipset which is designed for low power consumption and good output. It is costly but it is recommended to go with one that can provide you a decent hardware. Because going with lower one that has a Intel Atom or Celeron processor, you will never get satisfy with the performance. Compare to others a Core 2 Duo and Core i3 system is more better even if it is costly. Because this is a kind of one time investment. Or else in coming year you will have to sell off your system and again go for a new one. My friend has a Intel Atom netbook which is very small in size. The performance is so poor on it. She wants to run MySQL that fails to work properly.

The cheapest one on Flipkart is Asus 1015E-CY041D. This netbook also comes with a Core 2 Duo system. It has a 3GB ram and it offers you 320GB hard drive. This is more than enough for studying purpose. It comes with dos, you will have to install windows in it. The cost of this netbook is around Rs.16,2000.

If you are willing to spend between Rs.25,000 to Rs.30,000 then there are some quiet powerful netbook in the market. Their hardware configuration is just similar to a full size laptop. The difference only lies in the size. You have to take care that you must use it wisely. Some latest models are loaded with good hardware and provide you Windows 8. Those who comes with DOS are more cheaper. The one which I know is by Asus. The model is Asus X201E-KX259D . This is a powerful netbook packed with 2nd Generation Intel Core i3 processor. It has 4GB ram and 500GB hard drive. This is one of the best netbook I had seen that provide such a high end hardware config. The screen size is just around 11.6inch. I think this is the smallest one. Core i3 here is simply cool for multi-tasking. It works well and has no performance problem with different application. It works fine with any app and 4GB ram here add more to the performance. For gpu it offer you Intel HD Graphics support. I think this would be the best one.

The netbook which is mentioned above comes for Rs.26,000. This is really costly. You are wasting your money for a portable device. It is better to go with a regular system. Look for a laptop upto 30,000 you will surely get a gpu on it.

It is right that if you are paying that much amount why don't you go for a regular laptop. Which is more better. You can get a good gaming laptop at a price of Rs.33,000. This is not costly if you are paying around Rs.25,000 for a netbook. A gaming laptop is capable of giving you good performance, full screen size and more better design. Netbooks are designed for portable size. There are ample of great models available under online shopping website. Choose the one which you like is better and buy it. And if you ignore gaming then there are more cheaper models available. In a netbook the issue will lie with the screen size. You cannot work properly on small screen. While in a full size laptop you have more space. Try to find one that has a portable design. Screen size around 14inch is not bad. Don't get blind with design. Check the hardware configuration also.

Choosing a right notebook will cost more money. As many says that going with a full size laptop is better, so why don't you stick with that. You can buy a good bag and carry the laptop in it. It is easy for moving from place to place.