Thread: Nokia E71 not receiving any messages and no call logs

Nokia E71 not receiving any messages and no call logs

My phone is getting any messages. Also the call which I receive in the morning is empty. Nothing is visible in the logs. I am unable to understand the problem here. I tried a number of different things but it failed to work. What can be the issue. Is this a virus problem. Each time when I go on a web page using opera mini I am getting a memory low error. What should I do.

Re: Nokia E71 not receiving any messages and no call logs

Backup all your contacts and run a full factory restore. This might resolve the problem. There can be some issue. But I do not really think virus can cause the problem. Try to restore it and then check back.

Factory reset will surely fix the issue. But it is necessary that you have to backup the contacts and messages first. You can use Youlu for that. This app is freely available on Nokia store. I am using this from long time and it works fine. When you install it you have to create a account. All contacts are uploaded on web. You can access them online. The same contacts are also available on different platform. This app is also available on Android devices. So you have choices to get contact everywhere you want. Do not directly run factory restore. There can be some app inside your phone that might be occupying too much memory and so you are getting the error. Remove them and install it back. Remove all themes and unwanted stuff from your device. This will make it more better. Sometime third party applications in the background cause the issue. So the best thing is to get rid of the same. For contacts Youlu is the best thing. Because if your phone went down and does not work well then you can simply move ahead contact backup. It is not completely lost.

I installed Youlu. That was a good solution for taking contacts backup. But still the phone is not receiving any messages and logs. I removed a number of applications. There were some games, themes and browsers.

I know the cause of this problem. It is due to low memory. Your phone memory is full due to which you are facing the problem. To confirm that go in File Manager of your device. In that press the first key which is option button. And in that select Memory details. If you have some kb's of file left then you will not receive any more message and your log logs will also remain empty. So the first thing you have to do is wipe out unwanted stuff. The internal memory is around 100mb something. And if your message location is stored in the phone memory then it gets full easily. A number of time when you remove the memory card the settings of messages are changed. The default location is Phone Memory. Just change that to Memory Card. You can find that settings in Messages > press the option key and then go in Other. In that go in Memory Use which is situated at the bottom. In that select the Memory card. That's all. The issue will be resolved. Always keep the SD card only for default storage location.

Thanks for the answer. I was also stucked with the same thing and it worked. At first I thought my phone is having a damage internal memory. But later on did what you say and the issue is resolved.

Well that is a good solution. I think many Nokia phones are having the same issue. The problem of low memory space actually appear due to internal phone memory and I thought that was due to the external memory card. Each time when I got that error I restore my phone to original factory settings. Which use to work for sometime. But later on I found the settings mentioned by you and things worked. Now the phone looks to be working fine. I was not aware that when you remove the memory card the phone settings are restored to default. That means the internal memory act as the default storage. Is there any application that can simply configure the external storage card as the default one. That would be more appropriate I think. Because here I remove my card a number of time to add new songs. But that does not looks to be working stable.