Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013

How to play Facebook Games on Lumia 920

I have a Surface and Latitude 10, both running on Windows 8 operating system and they allow me to play flash contents like Facebook Games. Now recently i bought one more Microsoft device, Lumia 920. I must say this is one of the best and durable devices but i have a problem. As you guys might be knowing that there are not much games available on Microsoft Store, i want to play the Facebook Games which i usually play on tablets and laptops on this phone. But every time i start the games, it says i need flash player. When i searched for flash player on store, didn't found anything related. Can anyone please tell me from where can we get the flashplayer for Lumia 920?
Old 14-09-2013

Re: How to play Facebook Games on Lumia 920

If you know Adobe has stopped making Flash Players for mobile devices. Infact they stopped it last year itself, also for Android devices. You can search the play store, there is no more flash player. Secondly, Windows devices probably use Silverlight instead of Flash Player, but that is only available for Tablet PCs and PCs, not for smartphones.

Hence, the conclusion is, continue playing the Facebook games on your Surface tablet and PC instead of Lumia 920. That is not possible.
Old 18-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge Broderick View Post
Can anyone please tell me from where can we get the flashplayer for Lumia 920?
There is no place because there is no Flash player for mobile platform anymore. They have discontinued it long back. Fortunately on Android, developers have ported the Facebook Games in standalone games, hence people can directly download and play those games but that is still not done for Windows Phone, however few WP8 developers have started doing it. You may need to wait for few more months.
Old 28-09-2013

As everything is now getting HTML5 support slowly, i dont think Adobe is going to make Flash Player in future again because there wont be any need for it. As you guys might be aware, YouTube has already started implementing HTML5 which can play videos without Flash player installed on your system. This will be same in tablets and Smartphones as well in near future.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,