Thread: Nokia Asha 501 WiFi auto turn off/on

Nokia Asha 501 WiFi auto turn off/on

I dont know whether this is possible or not in Asha 501, but still i wanted to confirm. As my title says, i want to know if there is any option in this phone with which we can make the phone turn wifi on when internet is required and should get turn off automatically when we are done with internet. I mean the WiFi should turn on ONLY when we want to do browsing, or chatting, etc and should get turned off automatically.

Re: Nokia Asha 501 WiFi auto turn off/on

As you already said "you dont know whether this is possible or not", let me confirm saying it is not possible in any way. Not just for WiFi, but not for any kind of internet. Also not just for Asha, but no phone has this feature. You will need to manually turn off or on. Or you can better leave it ON always, it will only use the bandwidth when you will use some internet application.

Re: Nokia Asha 501 WiFi auto turn off/on

A similar thing i know related to your query is, when you are in wifi zone and if the wifi is turned on in your phone, you will see the wifi icon and the phone should be using it. But as soon as you come out of the wifi zone, the wifi icon disappears but it keeps running in background. Next time when you come again in the zone, it will start using the connection again.