Thread: Unable to do WiFi Tethering on Lumia 620

Unable to do WiFi Tethering on Lumia 620

I bought this phone a bout a week ago (Switched from Android). I use 3G connection on my phone which usually i use to share with my Laptop via WiFI Tethering. I was doing this successfully until i was using Android but since i bought Lumia 620, i can't. Seems like Lumia wont support the tethering. When i go to settings and start the sharing, nothing happens. Is it just me or Lumia 620 doesn't supports wifi tethering?

Re: Unable to do WiFi Tethering on Lumia 620

May be it is just you because even i am having a 620 and share my internet with tablet as well, without any problem. Even i dont do anything extra than going to phone settings, Internet sharing and turn On internet sharing.

By the way, there are many service providers who dont allow tethering, might be your is one of them. Which network are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Kohlmann View Post
    By the way, there are many service providers who dont allow tethering, might be your is one of them. Which network are you using?
    Thats correct Kohlmann, it is also a kind of restriction from few service providers. I think he need to talk to his network provider and confirm whether they allow the internet sharing. I have seen a guy facing similar problem with Airtel but was able to share the Internet with Vodafone Network on the same phone.

Hey friend, thanks for the reply.

I don’t thing it is a network problem because this is Vodafone itself and I was able to share the internet from this same SIM card on my earlier Android phone. So probably the problem is somewhere in the phone itself because device is the only change I did.

This should be taken as normal. There are many phones which behave weird automatically like yours. The best and only solution I can suggest you is better try to restore the phone to its factory settings and then call up Vodafone, ask them to send you internet settings again. Save the new Internet/APN settings and then try to do tethering. Hopefully it should work fine.