Thread: Advice on purchasing a 2TB external hard drive

Advice on purchasing a 2TB external hard drive

Which 2TB hard drive is best in the market. I am looking for a affordable product. I was thinking for 1Tb before, but I did not found much price difference. That is why I thought going for 2TB will be far more better here. Because I am getting double storage space. The the cost difference might be around Rs.800 to Rs.1000. Can anyone simply provide me proper models which I can buy from online shops.

Re: Advice on purchasing a 2TB external hard drive

You can find ample of good models on flipkart. Go for WD. I think they are more reasonable one. You can find a good model between Rs.6000 to Rs.10,000. WD Elements in one of them.

Remember that whatever portable drive you buy comes with moveable parts. That means they are having a portable hard drive similar to what we use in our pc. You wll need to protect it from shock and water. They are less durable. They offer you a good storage space. 2TB is simply more than enough for any backup solution.The cheapest one I think is Seagate Expansion 2 TB that comes for Rs.6600. It is a usb 3.0 hard drive which provide you a good data transfer speed. It works well with transferring huge amount of data. But it is not durable at all. Whichever high storage device you buy will comes inside a plastic enclosure. I had seen some drives under ADATA. They provide a series of waterproof and dust-proof hard drive. The durable series offers you upto 1TB storage space. The drive looks to be shook and dust proof. Also it offers a water proof enclosure. So that you can use it in rough condition also. It is called as Dash Drive durable. The drive works on usb 3.0 interface which is fast enough for better performance. Before buying just go and find out the durable series also. Because there you remain a bit more secure. It is very common that this portable drivers fell really fast or can face severe damage.

I am using Buffalo MiniStation 2.5 inch 2 TB har drive. It is very thin in size and it also quiet low vibration. Due to usb 3.0 interface the transfer rate is quiet cool here. It works fine and has no issue with the output.

I think WD Passport 2TB is one of the smallest external hard drive. But it vibrates a lot when you are using it. This drive also has a usb 3.0 interface. I think almost all model which are released today comes with usb 3.0 support. For external storage solution Sony is providing some of the best drives. When you are buying a high storage space you must keep the budget aside. Here reliability also matters a lot. I bought WD in bit hurry. In terms of sleek and durable design Sony HD-E2/SO2 is awesome. It is costly but it is really great. This drive provides a nice portable enclosure. The only negative point of this drive is that it has usb 2.0 interface. So copying huge amount of data is time consuming. Rightnow going for 1TB storage is more valid choice. Because in this you can buy a durable enclosure. Which is waterproof and dust-proof. You can go on web and look for rugged model. Lacie, isosafe, are some popular brands which are giving out the best durable drives. Among all Adata provides you more affordable solution.