Thread: Sony rolled out 14.1.B.1.510 update for Xperia Z Ultra

Sony rolled out 14.1.B.1.510 update for Xperia Z Ultra

I guess there wont be many but whoever using Xperia Z Ultra has got a good news. Sony Mobiles has started rolling out a new Firmware Update for Z Ultra with build number 14.1.B.1.510. This is the same Android 4.2.2 based update but brings few major changes to the device which includes one-handed texting and X-Reality for mobile. There few more changes done but these two were the two major features.

If you are having Xperia Z Ultra, this is the must have update for your device. It is available through OTA as well as PC Companion or Sony Update Service (SUS). If you are updating it over OTA make sure that the phone is connected to WiFi.

Re: Sony rolled out 14.1.B.1.510 update for Xperia Z Ultra

Just X-Reality for mobile and changed build number are the new stuffs provided with this update? Isn't there any other new features? If not, i dont think i would go for this update downloading 300 to 500 MB of data on my 3G and increase the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ter-Rell View Post
    Just X-Reality for mobile and changed build number are the new stuffs provided with this update?
    The very first think i would like to say is it completely depends on you whether you want to install the update or not but i will recommend you to always keep your devices updated to the most recent version of firmwares because it boosts your performance.

As far as new features are concerned, i thing the OP has mentioned that X-reality is the only major feature provided in this update, but that's not all you have in this update. There are lots more stuffs provided in 14.1.B.1.510 update for Z Ultra

Alright. So can you please provide me the complete list of new features we are going to get with this new update in Z Ultra?

The new 14.1.B.1.510 update for Xperia Z Ultra brings you several new stuffs that includes X-Reality for Mobile which is a quality enhancer for videos and pictures on your large 6.4 inch display. Another important new feature which we get with this new firmware is the App settings. Until now when we use to click the three settings dots in App Drawer, it used to bring up 3 options including Uninstall, Share and Customize. But with the new update installed, instead of those drop down options, you get a new side bar with several more options as shown in the image below:

Another image you can see above is the introduction of yet another new feature where you can use more than one mini apps widget simultaneously on the home screen, while there was limitation of just one widget so far.

Talking about complete list of features in Z Ultra 14.1.B.1.510 update, it brings One-handed typing Xperia keyboard, X-Reality for mobile, background is changed from Black to Grey, Side bar in App drawer, new Alarm and Clock, New Calculator. As far as the update size is concerned, I am not sure about it but it is always recommended that you update over WiFi if you are going to do it Via OTA.

By the way, if you don’t have WiFi connection at home or your place, there is no compulsion to do it over 3G. Why don’t you simply update it through PC Companion or Sony Update Service using your computer Internet Bandwidth?