Thread: Portable Cassette to MP3 Convertor

Portable Cassette to MP3 Convertor

My uncle gave me his old tapes. They have some really old songs. Now he want me to copy them on a CD. I am not really sure how to do that. Is there any convertor available that can allow me to directly copy the songs of that those cassette in a memory card or on a cd player. I had seen some models on ebay, but not sure how they work. Is this possible via pc also.

Re: Portable Cassette to MP3 Convertor

Checkout Tape Express Plus. It is a portable tape to mp3 convertor. You can buy it online. In this you just have to insert the tape and connect it to your pc. There is a software available that helps you to record audio from it and then you can burn the same on a DVD.

Tape Express Plus is a good solution but costly. If you are going to buy that kind of device then just checkout for Walkman features in it. Where you get a audio port also. And some of them also offer you a memory card support. That means you can simply insert the tape and get all your audio files on a memory card in mp3 format. Ebay has some good models. They might easily cost you around Rs.2000. Some models which I had seen also comes with a usb port. So that you can get all your audio oin the pen drive directly. But they are more costly. You will need a hardware which can run the tapes and then you have to connect it to your pc. Tape Express Plus is the most simplest solution here. It is small in size and offer you a mp3 file format from a cassette. Rightnow there is no hardware available which you can directly connect to your pc and run tapes on them. I had seen many people are able to connect a regular tape recorder with pc via headphone jack and run the audio recorder. Somehow the pc records the audio and then they convert it to mp3 which is one of the most common audio file format.

Buy a good tape convertor. That's all. There are many shops also available in the market which offer you a cheaper solution in getting CD from cassette. That would be more cheaper. If you are having a limited amount of conversion work.