Thread: Forgot my Lumia 620 lock screen PIN

Forgot my Lumia 620 lock screen PIN

I ma in a huge problem, looking for urgent help. I own a Lumia 620, instead of keeping slide to unlock, i changed it to pin protected lock screen. I had the same pin since past two months but yesterday i changed the numbers to something else. I did this while doing some another work. Didn't noted the new PIN anywhere and today morning when woke up, i am just unable to recall what was the new pin. Tried almost everything i could (my B'day, phone number, etc) but seems like none of them is correct. So can anyone please tell me what can i do now? How can i unlock the phone?

Re: Forgot my Lumia 620 lock screen PIN

As Microsoft services and devices are well known for their security protections, i doubt if there is any other way to get the phone usable rather then restoring it to factory settings. In order to hard reset the phone, follow these simple steps:
    • Turn off the phone, wait for few seconds, now Press and hold Volume down key plug in the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
    • Now press the keys in the following order: Volume up > Volume down > Power > > Volume down.
    • Dont do anything now. Your Lumia will reset and boot up automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzaan View Post
    Now press the keys in the following order: Volume up > Volume down > Power > > Volume down.
    Do we need to go in that order for Lumia 620? I have one 800 and for resetting the same once i pressed and hold the volume keys and power button together for 5 to 7 seconds or until the phone vibrates. It was done properly.

Hey guys dont confuse me. Both of you have provided different steps, which one to follow from both of them on my 620?

Quote Originally Posted by Pagavan View Post
    Hey guys dont confuse me. Both of you have provided different steps, which one to follow from both of them on my 620?
    Here is the perfect steps for Lumia 620 particularly:
    • Switch off and press and hold the volume down + power + camera buttons.
    • Once the phone vibrates, only release the power key, keep holding the rest of two keys.
    • Wait for more 5 to 7 seconds and then leave all buttons.

You will see the gear icons on your screen which means it is resetting the phone to its factory state. It will take about 7 to 10 minutes, so keep patience and let it do.

Thank you very much for the help Santy. I followed the same and seems like it was the proper way for resetting the phone. Worked like a charm. I can now use the phone. Help appreciated.