Thread: File location in Windows Phone 8 smartphones

File location in Windows Phone 8 smartphones

Earlier i was using an Android phone with 32GB external Cards. I agree i dont have good management in files hence many of files were stored in different folders on the SD Card. For example, i have almost 1000 songs which are divided into 9 folders. Similarly with images, documents and videos as well. All files are kept in different folder.

Now i bought a Lumia phone, removed the SD card from Android and put it in Lumia. I can see all musics, Videos and Images at one place in the gallery but how can i find out which file is placed in which folder? I used to do it many times in Android but not getting any way to find it out in Lumia. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: File location in Windows Phone 8 smartphones

Actually Lumia doesn't have any built-in file manager like Android, Nokia or Blackberry phones. You will either have to connect the phone with your computer using USB cable and navigate the folders. Or as an alternative, you can simply download a third party application called "DriveHQ File Manager" from Windows Store.

It is available for free.

I appreciate your help shikhar but that is not I was asking for, although thank you very much, It sounds useful too.

What I want to know is for example you have a song in your phone’s music player and want to know where it is actually situated on your memory card. How will you find it? As I said my songs are stored in different folders.

Quote Originally Posted by Giersch View Post
    What I want to know is for example you have a song in your phone’s music player and want to know where it is actually situated on your memory card. How will you find it? As I said my songs are stored in different folders.
    There is no way to do it. You will need to devote few hours and manage your folders on SD card, make a file type in one folder so that you can know where the files would be located.