Thread: Windows Phone 8 Error 'couldn't download the update 801882d2'

Windows Phone 8 Error 'couldn't download the update 801882d2'

As we all know that Nokia and Microsoft has finally released the Amber Update officially for many Lumia smartphones including Lumia 920, i am trying to install the same on my phone but it gets failed every time. No matter what i do, the updated ends up with an error message saying:

"Couldn't download the update 801882d2"

Any idea what and where is the problem? I though it might be some settings or application which might be conflicting with the update which is resulting in this error, hence i restore my 920 to the Factory settings and started the update again. But surprisingly, still i get the same error message?

Did anyone else faced this problem? Is there any working solution for the same? Please help.

Re: Windows Phone 8 Error 'couldn't download the update 801882d2'

Firmware updates are usually released region by region and the date/time plays very important roles. Specially in Windows Phone 8 based devices you need to take special care of the same.

So before trying any other hardcore troubleshooting just make sure your device has correct date/time/region settings. Let me know the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Osman84 View Post
    So before trying any other hardcore troubleshooting just make sure your device has correct date/time/region settings. Let me know the results.
    Hello Osman, Even I am facing exact error on my Lumia while trying to update. I tried your suggestion (date/regions were already set correctly) but still getting the same problem.

Is there any other work out for this ? Please help.

Do you have any important data in the phone memory? If yes, either move it to your SD card copy it on your computer. Now perform a soft reset on your phone by turn it off and then pressing and holding volume down + power button for about 12 to 15 seconds until the device vibrates. Once done, now try to start the update. Hopefully it should go fine without any error.

Quote Originally Posted by Osman84 View Post
    Finally I managed to fix the problem by correcting the date and time. Somehow it was set wrong and hence I guess the update was failing eveyrtime. Thank you very much for the help. If anyone of you see the correct date and time (like Nixie above) and still getting the problem, then simply change the time to anything wrong and then tap on Set Automatically. By doing so the phone will auto correct the time according to your network and region. Now you can start the upgrade. It will not give you any error.