Thread: Unable to buy apps from Windows phone store on Lumia

Unable to buy apps from Windows phone store on Lumia

This is the first time i bought any Windows Phone 8 smartphone. Started with Lumia 920, it is really an amazing device from Nokia. I dont have any problem with the phone functionality, neither its built-in or free apps. But the problem is with the paid apps on Windows phone store. There are few applications and games which i want to download on my phone but when i click to buy, it asks me for Credit card which i dont have.

I just have a debit card but the store is not accepting the same. Second is PayPal but if i'm not wrong PayPal is as well not accepted in India. Now can anyone please tell me how can buy this application for my Lumia 920? Is there any alternate authorized app store for Lumia Phones?

Re: Unable to buy apps from Windows phone store on Lumia

Quote Originally Posted by HAFIZA View Post
    There are few applications and games which i want to download on my phone but when i click to buy, it asks me for Credit card which i dont have.
    Ask help from any of your friends who have credit card. That is the only way as of now in India for shopping from Microsoft store.

Which bank Debit Card do you have, also is it Visa card?

If you are having from banks like HDFC, Citi or ICICI and you have the Visa Debit Card, then you can still do the shopping from the same. You will just need to activate your devit card for online shopping. Yes, your bank will do the same for you. There use to be an online page from where you can activate the same. Once done, it will act as a credit card for the vendor but will remain debit card for you because you will be able to shop only when you have balance in your bank account.

Hey Alexxx, are you sure we can do purchase using Visa Debit Cards in from India as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Jassi Jaisi ? View Post
    Hey Alexxx, are you sure we can do purchase using Visa Debit Cards in from India as well?
    Yes, because Visa Cards are meant for International Transactions. Here is the quote from Microsoft:

You can use the following forms of payment in Windows Phone Store and Marketplace:
    • International Cards
    • Visa Card
    • MasterCard
    • America Express (not supported in all countries)