Thread: New features with Amber Update now available for Lumia 920

New features with Amber Update now available for Lumia 920

The most awaited Amber update for Windows Phone 8 running devices is now finally started rolling out and the very first device to get the same is Nokia Lumia 920. About two months ago at the launch of Event of Lumia 925 Nokia said that they will release Amber update soon, but it took about three months to finally reach the device. However, the update was somehow leaked from Nokia servers couple of days ago and few people also installed it on their Lumia devices as you can see here Leaked Amber Update now available for Lumia 920 and Lumia 820. Anyway, the update can now be officially download using the Zune of Over-the-Air (OTA).

The features that makes it most anticipated update so far for Windows Phones includes FM Radio, double tap to unlock, Flip to Silence, Nokia Glance Screen and Nokia Smart Camera that we recently saw in Lumia 1020. There are many more features along with several bug fixes and improvements.

Re: New features with Amber Update now available for Lumia 920

So its been about 4 to 5 days Nokia rolled out the Amber update but can you please tell me if they have released it for any specific country only because i haven't received the same yet for my Lumia 920 in India. I check it daily in Phones Update section as well as on Zune, but there is nothing.

Nope, it is not released for just one country but for the entire world. If you haven’t received the notifications yet, keep patience, you will receive it soon. However, many of the Indian users have received the update already on their phones, don’t know what could be the problem with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhik View Post
    If you haven’t received the notifications yet, keep patience, you will receive it soon.
    Here is something important and useful fir for you guys. Even I didn’t receive the update Notification until yesterday on my Lumia phone. Somebody suggested me to manually force check for the system update. I went to Settings > Updates and force checked. It took about a minute to scan but gave me the update. I tapped to install and now my Lumia is running on latest Amber update. You should try out the same.

Quote Originally Posted by maq.h View Post
    The features that makes it most anticipated update so far for Windows Phones includes FM Radio, double tap to unlock, Flip to Silence, Nokia Glance Screen and Nokia Smart Camera that we recently saw in Lumia 1020. There are many more features along with several bug fixes and improvements.
    Hello Maq.h,
    Can you please be more specific about “many more features”? I wanted to know what all exactly are the new features in this update? Also I wanted to know what exactly is the size of this Amber update as I don’t have wireless connectivity at my place, I will be doing it on my 3G connection itself.

The update size of Amber Firmware is about 1.2 GB in size, hence I will recommend you not to update using your 3G connection if you really don’t want to blow up your network bill. Visit any of your friends place who have WiFi connection and do the same. Also, as you asked, here is the complete list of features in Amber update:

• Image ISO settings increased from 800 to 3200 in 920.
    • Nokia Smart Camera now compatible with 920 as well. If you didn’t find it pre-loaded after updating with Amber, download it from Store. Its available for free.
    • Update comes pre-loaded with Nokia Pro Camera
    • Nokia Glance Screen
    • Flip to silence
    • Double-tap to unlock
    • FM Radio
    • Improved Nokia HERE Maps