Thread: Nokia Lumia 925 overheating issues

Nokia Lumia 925 overheating issues

Is anyone else here using Lumia 925? I bought this phone just few days ago. Rest of the things works fine, but as my title says, the phone gets heated sometimes. By saying 'Sometime' i mean, no matter what, it works fine but sometimes even if the phone is kept idle, it gets too heated on the back side. usually the phones overheat while charging or while using it for long hours like gaming or watching videos, but my 925 heat up when it is in mood.

Is this the problem with all Lumia 925 phones or just with my unite? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Nokia Lumia 925 overheating issues

Usually smartphones heat up while using them heavily for example playing games for longer time or watching movies non stop, etc. But as you are saying that the phone heat up even idle mode, i guess there would be something running in the background which is using the hardware continuously like it uses while playing games. Hence the phone gets overheated.

What i will suggest you is download any good task killer from windows store and always kill all unwanted running apps from background. Yes, even when you close the apps, most of them keeps running in the background and result in such issues. Also if you have enabled the GPS/Location services, you will need to turn them off because the network keeps searching and using the resources which also results in battery drain as well as heating issues.

My GPS is off, installed task killer but still the problem persists. However the heating frequency has become lower compared to earlier but it is still there.

Any other help please?

I am sure it is any of your applications itself causing the problem because as you said after killing the process you noticed some improvement. I will suggest you to go through all your apps, probably you may need to uninstall many of them to check out which one of them was causing the issue. By the way, how many apps have you installed on the phone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana View Post
    My GPS is off, installed task killer but still the problem persists. However the heating frequency has become lower compared to earlier but it is still there.
    If it is connected to WiFi, disconnect it. Does the problem remains even after you restart the phone?

Heating is normal with smartphones if you use them too much. They get cool after few minutes, nothing to worry about it. But as you required to post here, I guess your device might be heating up more than us. As per solution, I would say to check your battery. I have seen cases with few of my colleagues facing heating issues which fixed after replacing the battery.