Thread: Android 4.1 Jellybean update for Sony Xperia S

Android 4.1 Jellybean update for Sony Xperia S

Hey guys, i am using a Sony Xperia S phone since its release. Though the phone haven't given me any problem so far but it is still running on the same old Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system though the configuration is quite better with 1.5GHz dual-core processor and 1GB RAM. If we see other phones launching today, they run Android 4.2 even with 1GHz processor, my Xperia S is far better than them. Also many phone already received atleast 4.1 firmware update from all brands, then why not sony launching any update for Xperia S?

Do you guys have any idea if there is any plan of getting update for Xperia S in coming months or i have no other choice than dumping the phone down as i am fed up of the same old User Interface.

Re: Android 4.1 Jellybean update for Sony Xperia S

Here is a good news for you. I read somewhere that Sony is already working on a firmware for both Xperia S and Xperia SL. This update will be based on Build No 6.20B.1.96 and probably should bring new features to these devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishab View Post
    This update will be based on Build No 6.20B.1.96 and probably should bring new features to these devices.
    Wow, finally that is really a very good news for me. Can you please provide some more info about this update, like what will be the new features and all? Most importantly What will be the Android version this time because I am still running Android 2.3 gingerbread?

The upcoming update for Xperia S and SL will be based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with build number 6.20B.1.96 (as stated by Rishab) . Most probably you should get this Update by August End.

As of now there is not much information about the new features but it will bring Google Now to the phone with many bug fixes and enhanced user interface.