Thread: Charging Lumia phones keeping them turned off like Android

Charging Lumia phones keeping them turned off like Android

Hi, i am using a Lumia 820 phone. I remain on field for most of the time, hence i wont get time to charge the phone and it gets drained almost 99% until i reach back to home. As we know if we charge the phone keeping it turned off, it gets full quickly compared to charging it in on turned on state. But when i switch off my Lumia and plugin in the charger, it gets turned ON automatically and hence take longer time to get fully charged.

I even have a Galaxy Note 2 which can be charged keeping it switched off just like many other Android and Nokia phones. Why this is not in Lumia phones or am i not able to get it done? Please let me know how can we do the same in Lumia? Thank you very much.

Re: Charging Lumia phones keeping them turned off like Android

Unfortunately there is no such option in Windows Phone 8 devices. Even i am a HTC 8S user, even this phone boots up when i plugin the charger.

Lets see if Microsoft or Nokia can implement this in their future updates.

I haven’t used Lumia Phones so far (Using Android) hence don’t have any personal experience but in Android as well there are few tablets which boots up when you plug-in the charger. But once it is booted up, you can turn off it back again and the it keeps charging. So what I mean to say is when your Lumia starts after plugin in the charger, simply turn it off again and leave the charger plugged in. It should charge the battery in turn off state. See if it works.

Hello Padmal, can I know what is the reason you want to charge by keeping your phone turned off? I mean why you want to miss your calls, SMSes and other notifications for about an hour or two?

I don’t want to miss my calls and notifications but I want to do this just because the battery gets full faster when it is turned off compared to charging with the phone On. Hence I use to charge the phones turning the off.

Alright. Do you know why the battery gets full faster when it is turned off? The reason is because it wont have access to your mobile network, WiFi, 3G or any kind of networks that consumes your battery.

If this is the only reason, then hope you have heard about Airplane Mode. It comes with almost all smartphones now a days and Lumia have the same definitely. You can simply put your phone on Airplane mode which will disable all those networks and you can charge your phone on the same speed as it does in turned off mode.