Thread: lumia 720 unable to receive messages from facebook friends

lumia 720 unable to receive messages from facebook friends

Sorry of this problem appears to be duplicate but i did searched the forum and only found was this Facebook chat application not working in Lumia 710. However my problem is different from that guy. In my case it is Lumia 720 and i have installed Facebook chat. Unlike that guy, i am able to login to the facebook account successfully and even send messages to my FB friends. The problem is only i dont receive any messages from them. It is just one way chat. To make it confirm i tried sending messages myself from another account, the message shows double tick which means it is delivered but i dont receive it ever. When i reply to those message from Lumia, my another account receives it fine.

So the problem is surely in my phone's facebook app. Did anyone else faced this problem? Is there any fix for the same? Please help.

Re: lumia 720 unable to receive messages from facebook friends

First of all there is already a problem with facebook chat in all Windows Phone 8, just not the one model you are having. Most of the users neither able to send nor receive messages on their Lumia devices.

But as you said you are atleast able to send the messages and they are getting delivered as well, i think you should try re-installing the Facebook application again and see if it makes any difference. if it does, dont forget to share here because it sounds very interesting. I am having two lumia phones but not able to use them for facebook chat. Hope i get some idea from your case.

There is no need to re-install the facebook application because no matter what you do, fb chat is just not gonna work in Windows Phone 8. It is a very well known problem between Microsoft and Facebook. Not just the phone but also with Internet Explorer 11 on computer, the chat box wont load in FB. Also if you are aware Facebook has a separate Messenger application for Windows, Android and iOS but not for Windows Phone. I dont know what the reason is but they should really fix it as Facebook is becoming preferred source by people for being connected.

It seems like MS or FB or both are trying to figure it out because sometimes i get a message from any of my FB contacts, but when i reply them neither they receive my messages nor i receive their further messages. This means they are trying to make FB chat possible but due to some reasons they are just unable to fix it. Hopefully they will get done in further Firmware updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsss View Post
    This means they are trying to make FB chat possible but due to some reasons they are just unable to fix it. Hopefully they will get done in further Firmware updates.
    You are correct Williamsss. The proof of this is they have launched a Facebook Beta app where the chat is working good so far. I have installed it on my Lumia 720 and yes, I can chat with my FB friends without any problem. So the problem seems to be with the Facebook application which we are using. You guys should try installing the beta and see if it works for you all as well.

Yes, Chat is working good with the new Facebook Beta app on Windows Phone 8. You can remove the original FB app and install this. Its safe to uninstall.