Thread: static noise from Nexus 7

static noise from Nexus 7

I heard from many people that there is some sort of static noise coming from the speaker when the Nexus 7 phone is kept on low volume? Is there any kind of problem with the Nexus 7 smartphone or is it happening when we usually play some games or open some applications? If it is a permanent hardware problem then I think this is not a good choice to be purchased?

Re: static noise from Nexus 7

Even I was going to report it but it only happens at a very low volume, so I thought it wont be much of a trouble. This might be happening due to bad digital volume control which reduces the volume of the digital waveform before it hits the DAC. It sounds similar like a crushing effect you hear from other electronic devices, all this is happening due to cheap design.

I am thinking that the electrical flow is changed once the battery is charged and there might be some flow near the sound card that could be causing some interference. Hence you should use a bluetooth stereo headset. This interference is common as well if any electrical current is not shielded properly. You also could be having a grounding issue incase you have interfernece from a DC charging.

Since Nexus 7 is a budget smartphone, so the volume controls have volume that way only since adding a dedicated amp for analog volume will definitely increase the costs of the device. This problem usually happens at the lower volume setting in any game with this mobile phone. The amp of the speaker is just a plain simple design that gives out power 100% all the time where else the headphone amp could be using an integrated analog volume control that doesnt has this problem.