Thread: Protecting my tablet wifi from wifi hacking apps

Protecting my tablet wifi from wifi hacking apps

In my room there are 3 other guys who are sharing my internet connection. As I am paying so I only allow to share the same for few hours. Later on I change the password and use it on my tablet whenever I am back from job. Somehow it looks still those people are able to access my internet connection. As I am not able to stream a complete video. I think they are using some kind of wifi hack application to access my internet. How to block them.

Re: Protecting my tablet wifi from wifi hacking apps

I do not think that really happens. You said you change your wifi password. So how can anyone access it. You can try to keep a dynamic password which might change automatically or you can even try to add more powerful security settings to avoid such usage.

There are some apps available that purpose. They give you easy option to hack some-other wifi network and use internet, download files. This is simple on android. So there are chances that there is some smart guy in the group who knows well how to do this. It is a application itself. Being a utility it is not easy to stop it. The apps are capable of scanning your wifi network and then simply access your internet bandwidth instantly. What you can do is just add a more powerful security method. Almost all apps are not able to crack different password protocols. They are limited to some only. Like WAP or WEP. So better go with the best one here so that your encryption standard remains extremely powerful to break. There are some wifi monitoring tools available for android phones that can give you a clear information on current activities of your device. On which basis you can locate the issue with the network. Go in your router settings and try to find out detail information about your network activity. There is a section where you can find information on connected devices on which basis you can block that thing.

If you are able to find the mac address or ip address of devices on your network then you can block them through your router itself. Next time whatever application they are using the router will not give them access.

Unlike desktop pc were are not having a powerful internet security tool that can help us to block such kind of access. Due to which our settings gets limited in Android devices. Now here what you can do is practice some basic things through which you can safeguard your network. Like as mentioned above you can use a good quality password which is not capable of getting hacked. There are some wifi protection application available. Like Wifi protector. This app is capable of protecting your network for different wifi attacks. The app is capable of blocking sniffing attacks.On the entire web I can only find this application which is capable of blocking wifi attacks. While using a good antivirus is also another solution. It will be wrong to stay that android is not having a good set of antivirus available. It has, but they are resource intensive. Some of them will simply make your device perform slower.