Thread: Whats new in latest firmware update for Xperia Z and Xperia ZL

Whats new in latest firmware update for Xperia Z and Xperia ZL

Hi, i am xperia Z user. If you guys aware Sony launched Android 4.2 update for Xperia Z just about 2 weeks ago. Today i was browsing few sites where i found that Sony released yet another huge Firmware Update for two models of Xperia, including Z and ZL. However i haven't received any such update notification so far on my phone, neither in Sony Companion. But according to few guys the update is huge, about 785MB in size.

Did anyone of you guys got this update on your phones? Can you tell me what all new stuffs are we getting? Is it really worth updating the same ebcause we recently got 4.2 and there is time to get 4.3, then what are they offering in such huge update?

Re: Whats new in latest firmware update for Xperia Z and Xperia ZL

Hey buddy, i got this update on my phone three days ago and i received it over the air (OTA) itself. No need to connect to PC Companion. Also So far to me, there doesn't seems to be anything new in this update apart from few performance fixes. The Android version is still the same, 4.2.2 neither did i found any new feature on the phone.

By the way did you received the OTA or still waiting? Which region you are from?