Thread: Google Nexus 4 Error retrieving information from Google Play server with Android 4.3

Google Nexus 4 Error retrieving information from Google Play server with Android 4.3

I thank to buy the Nexus 4 last month as just in the first month i got Android 4.3 on my phone For those who are still waiting to put their hands on this new Operating system let me tell you that though the performance is far much better then earlier JB phones, there are still many bugs yet to be resolved. So dont hurry for the same. Anyways, one of those problem is as follows.

After update when i am trying to install or update any application from Google Play, it gives me an error message saying:

"The app could not be downloaded due to an error.
    Error retrieving information from server (RPC-5:AEC-O])"

I tried restarting and clearing apps cache including the store itself, but that doesn't makes any difference. Can anyone please tell me what is the problem with Store or 4.3 itself?

Re: Google Nexus 4 Error retrieving information from Google Play server with Android 4.3

I dont think the problem is with Cache or something, its not gonna help. I have been through these error messages, though they were not exactly the same error code but it was server connectivity problems itself. What i have discovered in troubleshooting Google Play error is, you just need to delete your Google Account and add it back. You can do this by going to Settings > Accounts > your Google Account > Remove. Restart the phone and add it again. It will help you out surely.

Re: Google Nexus 4 Error retrieving information from Google Play server with Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_To_Help View Post
    you just need to delete your Google Account and add it back. You can do this by going to Settings > Accounts > your Google Account > Remove. Restart the phone and add it again.
    Hello Mr Gogo, did this helped you?

Even I am facing similar problem. Though I tried deleting and entering the Google account again, still it face the same problem. Any other help please?

You should have posted your exact error instead of saying similar problem because even though it may have helped for Gogo, it may not work for you because you might be getting another error code. Anyways, assuming you also not able to connect to google play servers or not able to download apps, and re-entering the accounts didn’t worked than you need to clear the cache for Google Play App. You can do this by Going to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store > Cache. Tap the cache button to clear. Now restart the phone and see if the problem persists.

Quote Originally Posted by Teesta View Post
    you need to clear the cache for Google Play App. You can do this by Going to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store > Cache. Tap the cache button to clear.
    Seems like that did the trick. Now there is no more with downloading or updating apps from Google Play. Clearing the cache worked. Thank you very much Teesta.